Sunday, December 16, 2012

12 Days Exchange pieces and my Nativity display

It has been a whirlwind of activity for me of late, as it is for so many of us this Christmas season. But I am looking forward to each new day because I get to open my Twelve Days of Christmas ornies from Gaynor! And they are so lovely! Without further ado, let me share them with you:


Day One--Snowman, Some Assembly required... Isn't it cute? I had a laugh when I read it... Never saw this design before...Gaynor did tell me the designer, but I cannot locate the email. Our service provider has apparently been down for three days, so I hope this even gets posted!! The back is lovely purple felt--I forgot to take a picture.

Day Two--Four 'firecrackers' in purple of course! They have little charms and buttons on them. Quite nice! Gaynor says they put them on their tree until Christmas and then they go on the table. I am putting them on my mantle, which is perfect.

Day Three--a needleroll! My very first! I have not made any, so this is quite a delight! And it is apropos in so many ways, both as BC survivors and in light of the terrible tragedy our country suffered Friday. I neglected to ask the designer...but Gaynor says it is from a JCS magazine. When you find out who the designer is, let me know!



And here is my mantle, with the 12 Days Ornaments...

So now comes my Nativity,and angels. This Nativity is painted in that iridescent paint, and is just plain and simple. Notice my stitching on the wall above, surrounding the angel? Wonder which ones will be there next year?? Up there is Christmas Carols by Little House Needleworks and one of the two designs of Quaker Merry Christmas by ??



Here is a really cute, simple angel I found in a second-hand store! He is way off to the right...



And here is a blown glass angel my friend at work gifted me last year, off to the left...



Well, it is late, so I will have to blog some more tomorrow... More to show!

Pray for the many hurting people. God will honor our prayers for them.

Hugs,

Maggee

5 comments:

Beth said...

Boy you are the recipient of a wonderful set of gifts! I'm sure you will long treasure them.

cucki said...

Truly so beautiful:)
Love x

Anonymous said...

Your "Merry Christmas" quaker is by Kathy Barrick. What a lovely display you have created.

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva @ gmail.com

Vickie said...

Wonderful and beautiful!
You are very right about the prayer.

Barb said...

I love all your beautiful Christmas things. The Nativity is wonderful.The exchange things are great!