Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nan Lewis and Threadwork Primitives

***Edited to ask for continued prayer for my family member!! We need a Miracle! It is very critical!!***


Well, it's not like I haven't been stitching! I just cannot SHOW you what I have been doing! But LOTS of us are saying that at this time of the year, aren't we?


(here's a hint: picture of the ornie tree at my LNS)

Last Saturday, my LNS, Dyeing to Stitch had a 7th Birthday Bash! Here are the owners, Pat Ryan and Ann Robbins, who are also the owners of R&R Reproductions.


Had to show the snacks! Genuine Whoopie Pies made by Ann! Pumpkin and Red Velvet! Plus vanilla and chocolate cupcakes! Yummy!

And Nan Lewis, of Threadwork Primitives, came down from Philadelphia, PA to help Ann and Pat celebrate. She brought additional shop models that DTS didn't have, plus she was available to sign charts and chat with customers and fans. That's her husband, Bill, in the back chair.




Also, Ivonne Brown, (of The Crackling Crows) came to visit. She is a talented artist also, creating lots of banners I love!

I finished a Fall piece just in time--Falling Leaves Sampler by --drum roll please--Threadwork Primitives! My son (Jon's Woodworks) made the primitive wood plaque according to the chart directions, and will be making more. It turned out so nice! I hung it up on my wall as soon as I got home. I got it signed by Nan on the back!


AND--here's the exciting part for YOU! I don't usually stitch a chart a second time... And I won't be stitching this one again, cause I love my finish, so... I had Nan sign the chart, and I am giving it away to one of my faithful followers! I will be drawing a name this coming Saturday, November 17th, via the random number generator. All you need to do is comment on this post that you WILL stitch this chart!

Well, have to get some stitching done tonite! I know I had more to post about, but I have run out of steam...Maybe tomorrow...no, going out to dinner. Maybe Thursday!





Hugs,

Maggee

24 comments:

Ellen said...

Love your stitching n finishing, gorgeous! Would love a chance to stitch this beautiful design, thank you!

Hugs,

Jodi S said...

I love the finishing on your stitched piece! I don't have this chart and would love to have the opportunity to be entered for a chance at it!

Myra said...

How cool that you were able to meet Nan and I love your finished piece. I would definitely stitch this one and would even pass the chart along again once I stitched it.

Your son did a great job on the wood piece. Do let us know when he might have some available for sale.

gloriahanaway said...

How lucky to have such a talented son and what a lovely finish. I have drooled over this chart ever since I saw it. I would love to stitch this and would appreciate the chance to own it. Thank you for a very generous drawing.

Barb said...

Looks like a fun event! Your fall piece is lovely and your son did a great job!

Beth said...

Maggee - Falling Leaves is just GLORIOUS!

Yana Hanim said...

I enjoyed all the pictures, thank you for sharing them with us: I love your work too and the wood piece is awesome :)

Peggy Lee said...

I will continue to remember your family member in my prayers.

Patty C. said...

Prayers for your family!
I love your finish & would love to stitch Falling Leaves myself! Thank you for the offer ;)

cucki said...

Hello dear It is really looks like a fun event
Your family are in my prayers...
I love your stitching so much and so much wanted to stitch it myself too..please count me in
Thank you
Love xxx

Shirlee said...

Maggee ... What a fun birthday bash! I wish I could've been there : ) Love that stitching tree! I hope to have one similar to that one day. Do not include me in the drawing. Although it's a lovely design I don't do much in the way of autumn stitching.

Shirlee said...

I forgot to add that I will continue to pray for your family member.

Vickie said...

Great post Maggee! Do not include me in the draw, I have been blessed by you too much already!!!
I am praying for your family member.♥

Anne said...

Wow! You are very lucky to have met Nan and get her signature!! I think the horn book finish is so beautiful. Does your son sell these??!!! I would love to be entered in the draw. I can't resist Nan's patterns and squirrels!!

I'll also pray for your family member.

Hugs

Anne

Carol said...

Keeping your family in my prayers for that needed miracle, Maggee...

Glad you had a fun day at the shop and got to meet Nan--I love her designs and would love to be included in the drawing. It is definitely something I will stitch and pass on :)

Love the way you've finished yours--you and your son make a great team!

DJ said...

I'm so sorry there is such an urgent need, Maggee, but I am praying for you and your family. Thankfully He knows the need and is already working on the solution! Take care! *Hugs*

Vanessa said...

The chart is adorable and the finish even better. Please throw my name into the random generator thingie.

Linda said...

Your are so lucky to have a LNS. Great pics of the shop. Love the piece you stitched and what an awesome finish. I would love to be entered in your giveaway for the chart.

Thanks, Linda

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Thanks Maggee for such a wonderful post. I really enjoyed my visit and meeting everyone. Hope to make it back soon. Please know that I will be keeping your loved one in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs, Nan

Gillie said...

That chart looks gorgeous on your son's beautiful horn book! I am going to look out for the chart to stitch, and sending love and prayers to those in need.

Catherine said...

I will keep your family in my prayers.
Looks like you all had a grand time!

msmartello said...

Hi Maggee,
I will say prayers for your family member. Hope all goes well. I just saw on facebook that DTS is moving. Where are they moving? Is it bigger? Birthday bash looked fun, which I could have been there. I sent you an invite for my new blog. When you have a chance hop over and see it and let me know what you think.
Take care!
Maureen

Dede said...

Oh I would love a chance to stitch this pattern!
Prayers said.

Marjorie said...

I love Nan's charts, and as so happens Saturday the 17th is my birthday, so please enter me! I hope your ill family member is improving.