Saturday, October 6, 2012

Stitchy stuff...

Did you like my adventure last post?! Now on to stitchy stuff... I HAVE been stitching a bit. So I have finishes to show. Still have to do the final finishes...

Faith Inspirational Boxer by Lizzie Kate, stitched on 32-count Anntique Hydrangea by R&R (a real light lavender fabby) and whatever DMC I picked.


County your Blessings by Shakespeare's Peddler, again, using Anntique Hydrangea and some original colors, some substitutions in purple!


Nesting by Kathy Schmitz, using Pacific Ocean I think, by Dinky Dyes


I tried my hand at dyeing some tiny rick rack, and it came out quite nice! May try more colors now...


Made myself a Fall table runner, like the one I made last year for an exchange. It looks real nice, if I do say so myself!

My buddy, Vickie, sent me a little gifty. Isn't it the cutest little pincushion? It is a bottle cap one! And she also made the three marking pins! In pinks, my fave!


Another closeup. Stitchers sure are multi-talented!

I am busy stitching away on my 12 Days of Christmas exchange with Gaynor (stitcheranon), so cannot show any of that. But it sure is fun! And I am trying to sneak in a few others, for fall and Christmas, for me!

On a different note--I recently bought an older chart on Ebay. I had stitched it eons ago (on Aida fabric--didn't even know what linen was!) for my 'favorite cousin' in California (when I first met her in 1998), but I thought I got rid of all those old charts and patterns. And I really really liked it, so... when I saw it, I got it on Ebay for a mere pittance. Well, fast forward to a few days ago... I keep all my charts that I have stitched in a folder, and was looking for one ... and what is at the very bottom of the pile? That very same chart! And you know what is amusing? It is a Homespun Elegance chart, from 1987! It is called Family Blessing. I didn't even KNOW who Sandra Sullivan or Homespun Elegance WAS back then (may have been purchased in 1997-ish)!! So... two things from this! I have to thank my LNS, Dyeing to Stitch , because I have learned SO much from the owners, Ann and Pat, in the last 6 years ! And secondly, if there is anyone out there that would like a copy of this chart, please respond to this post and I will send it to you! IF by some slim chance there are more than one persons who would like it, I will hold a drawing on 10/13!


(This picture just got snatched off Ebay, it is not the one in my possession.)

Gotta go do other stuff now, so thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

Maggee

14 comments:

Vickie said...

I am so glad you like the bottlecap pincushion Maggee! I had much fun making it!!
That is a real neat chart, but I have so much from you already. Hope someone else has fun stitching it too. =)

Pat Matejcek said...

I would love a chance at the chart. I love Sandra's designs. thanks. Pat
p.matejcek@yahoo.com

cucki said...

Wow all your finishes are so cute..and lovely pin cushion from Vickie ..
Happy stitching deary xxx

stitcheranon said...

The pin cushion is super cute! Lovely stitching too. I love the table mat..I am trying to gear up to make myself a christmas one..once I talk my sewing machine back into life lol. I will pass on the chart as I have so much: better it goes to a good home where it will be fully apprecicated and stitched xxx

Beth said...

Nice finishes Maggee!

Barb said...

So many nice finishes!! You have been very busy. It all looks great.

Catherine said...

Great stitches and goodies. That pincushion and pins are so sweet!

Giovanna said...

Love your finishes, and the pincushion!

Krista said...

Great finishes, Maggee! I especially love that one Nesting by Kathy Schmitz, is that a pattern, I will have to look for them. The Dinky Dyes thread looks great I will have to try it some time.
That is a very pretty pincushion from Vickie :)

Ranae said...

You have finished some nice things
Love the pincushion from Vickie

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely finishes all quite seasonal!

Well done on dyeing the rick rack!

DJ said...

Gee, you've been busy! Love the little pin cushion...what a great way to recycle!! Your stitching is lovely! And your hand dyed rick rack is great!! I really need to give that a try. I love the Lizzie Kate boxer, I'm trying to remember if I have that in my stash, I know I've thought about it...LOL I went back and took a little gander at the Warrior Dash entry...and can see why you drooled...er em...admired some of the participants. I'll have to see if we can attend the next one, it looked exciting! Thanks for visiting my blog! *Hugs*

Joysze said...

Sttiching looks great, Maggee. That pincushion is adorable! :D

Carol said...

So many lovely finishes, Maggee! And your gift from Vickie is so pretty :)