Saturday, October 20, 2012

My latest finishes

Ahhhh.... feel so much better because it is Saturday, and my windows are wide open (so far!!)...

Last weekend I did a few finishes that were languishing... so without further ado...let's go!!




 This is a Shakespeare's Peddler 'make-do' chart that I made into my first flat fold! I do like them, and have learned better ways of making them since I started this one (I was interrupted in the middle of doing it, for about a MONTH, so when I got back to it I went looking online and found another tutorial...) Anyway, I like it. The blue rick rack sets off the birdie nicely!


Side view of the blue rick rack...



My La D Da Purple Bird for my purple display...as a cube finish. I love doing cubes! See the dark purple fabric band around the cube? That is the backing fabric for the pillow below... Sisters!


Simple purple sampler made into a pillow. Quick and easy! Maybe I will put some rick rack or trim on it... who knows?

I finished stitching this last week or so... haven't decided how I will finish it yet. This weekend...


I dyed some more rick rack... RED! Lovely!

Well, am finally going to go stitch... unless I find something else to do on the way! Isn't that always the case?!? I am feeling the urge to go through my charts and cull out ones I won't ever stitch...

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

Maggee

18 comments:

Mouse said...

ooooo love your flat fold .... I have a song that has these words in running round my wee brain now :)
love your cube and your purple pillow and gorgeous rick rack you dyed :)
hope you are not quite as ticked off now ... and are breathing a wee bit easier :) love mouse xxxx

cucki said...

wow i love your flat fold ..it is so sweet and I really Love your cube and your purple pillow and gorgeous rick rack you dyed ...so sweet
Hugs cucki xxx

Chris said...

Your finishes and finishing are lovely. The rick rack looks great too! I hope that the cooler weather sticks around for you!

Beth said...

All very, very nice Maggee! I myself am partial to your peacock sampler - so very pretty!

Patty C. said...

Very nice!

Deborah said...

Great finishing! I love the red ric rak.

Vickie said...

Oh, well done Maggee.

Krista said...

Great finishing work, Maggee! I especially love that purple LaD-Da bird, really cute!

Carol said...

Oh, you've sure been busy, Maggee--great job on all. And I LOVE that red ric rak :)

stitcheranon said...

I have never made a flatfold or a cube..must give them a try. I love the La D da bird, it is one of my favourite designs. I did mine in a mustard yellow: must give it a go in another colour! Lovely Ric Rak too.

Barb said...

I love all your finishes! It looks like you have been very busy!!

Shirlee said...

Beautiful finishes Maggee! What is that sampler pattern? I love it! The Bountiful Harvest piece reminds me of of a 1950s design. Very pretty!

Joysze said...

Finishes look great, Maggee. :D

Tatkis said...

Wonderful finishes!!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Ranae said...

Fantastic finishes
I love that red ric rack you dyed

Anne said...

Really great finishes Maggee!! I love the flatfold and the cube!

Jennifer said...

You know me. I LOVE birds and I especially like the first one here.
Jennifer

rosek1870 said...

Love your flat fold and cube. I'll have to look for directions for both!!
Hugs Rose