Friday, October 19, 2012

If I don't RANT I'm going to explode!!

Come August, I start looking foward to cooler weather... especially the nights! I love having my windows open...so nice... But, NO... my as#%*#% neighbors decide they have to have fires in their backyards. Wood-burning fires, and not always in control! By the way that is against the law here, though I doubt they enforce it unless they burn someone's house down! So tonight the idiots in back of me have a fire going... so no fresh  air! House is stuffy, and I am ticked! A couple of weekends ago, the idiot children down the street from me (college age took over the house while parents are away!!)  decided to make a backyard fire again, on a very windy night! Then after smoking enough pot that we could get a contact high from it, they decided to jump through it like it is one of those manhood ceremonies. Mind you--it was really windy, and the sparks were flying... So, as a concerned neighbor, I called the non-emergency police number. After explaining the situation, I finally just told the dispatcher that other houses were in danger of catching on fire from their stupid fire. So, he sent police and the fire department!! heheheh... their party ended early....heheheh... But these ones tonite are more grown up and it is contained, but it is wood, and smoky... I have asthma, so cannot tolerate it. Darn it! I will keep having my family sniff the air for me tonight--maybe they will quit early... I also cannot smell, so if I didn't have family watching out for me, I would be in respiratory distress constantly! It is dangerous not to smell... Okay, I feel a little better now....

Tomorrow I hope to post finishes...well, a few... not all!

Hugs!

Maggee



Hugs, Maggee

10 comments:

missy said...

I had this happen to m last year and I called the police and the neighbors had to put the fire out. It was very warm outside and our AC was due to get repaired in two days. Our neighbors never had another fire after that. I feel your pain because we do have a right to breathe fresh air and I think when burning anytime the neighbors could go around and warn the neighbors.

Cindy said...

Your neighbors suck! You are always welcome to come over here, my neighbors hardly ever go outside. If I didn't know better I'd swear I didn't have neighbors.

Vanessa said...

I absolutely feel your pain. When we moved to a very rural part of Illinois 20 years ago, the only place on the farm we bought was right across the street form another house, the only one 1/2 mile in either direction mind you. We instantly became very good friends with the family that lived there, but alas, they moved and the biggest family of degenerates bought the house. It is either raging fires, yapping dogs, gunning motors, driving what I consider monster trucks and flooring it when they leave at 5:30 in the morning, when they actually work, and some drug dealing on the side, and most have served time. We built our beautiful New England colonial dream house and because of these dirtbags, it has made life a little less than fun. So again, I totally feel your pain. Good luck!

Barb said...

I feel your pain!! I just hate outside burning!! It is even worse after you have had to keep the house closed all summer!

cucki said...

oh deary...it is so sad :(
sending you big hugs xxx

Vickie said...

Aww Maggie that stinks. I am curious as to why you do not smell. My mother cannot either. Her lack of smell is from an extremely violent accident with head trauma almost 40 years ago.

stitcheranon said...

Oh that isnt fair...I hope they stop soon xxxxx

marly said...

I called the township when my house was filling with smoke from a wet leaves fire, and they said too bad! Told me to put a box fan blowing out in the open window to prevent the odor. Doesn't it seem neighbors get worse with every family? No accountability and respect like the old days.

Lee said...

My idiot neighbors burn their garbage. Some nights it's unbearable. They're too cheap to pay the $15/month garbage collection fees. It makes me NUTS!

Joysze said...

Well, that majorly sucks! Can you call the city on them since it's illegal?