Monday, September 3, 2012

Look what I put together!

I had stitched two pieces of larger charts recently, with the idea that I would put them on the little thread holders/paddles by Jon's Woodworks. So, that is what I have to show you today! I learned how to put them together from this, so I see many more in the future! Love them!



First up I stitched part of the Homespun Elegance chart, 'Home is Where You Hang Your Needlework'. The thread holder is made of Lacewood or Leopardwood, which is grown in Australia, the southern US and some tropic zones. It has a very unique grain pattern that resembles a bunch of light colored cells on a light reddish brown wood. Hand turned and finished by none other than my son, Jon!



Then I stitched a part of Lizzie Kate's 'Liberty Sampler' and it is sitting on a Bloodwood (Satine) thread holder. This exotic wood is native to Tropical South America, and has a red to crimson color that deepens to a darker brownish red when exposed to light and air in its natural state. It is one of the smaller ones, and is so very cute if I do say so myself!



Well, I am now going to try to do more finishing! Hope you are enjoying the day off if you are here in the states!

Hugs,

Maggee

9 comments:

Catherine said...

They look fabulous!!

Natasha said...

super cute finishes!!

Beth said...

Look at you Maggee! Wow - once again same tastes - I've been looking at the Homespun Elegance piece as I like squirrels as a motif! Super work.

Barb said...

Great little finishes!!

Mouse said...

love your wee thread holders.. need to sort out something for mine too :0)
love mouse xxxx

pam said...

So cute!

cucki said...

so pretty xxx

Teresa S. said...

Great finishing! Keep up the good work :)

Carol said...

Those are adorable, Maggee :)