Saturday, July 7, 2012

A bit of finishing to show...

Though I cannot show ALL that I have finished, I can show a few pieces! First is Seaside as a pillow finish. Love this one! It is in a book of designs, all beach or ocean themed. You will be seeing more from it soon, as I want my office to be beach-themed and some of it stitched!

Next is Fresh Spring, by Homespun Elegance, done as a pillow. I stitched tiny rick rack around the edge, and really love it! The rick rack is overdyed by R&R, and is perfect!



And then there is my long-time WIP finally finished! It is Quaker Faith Hope Love by Midnight Stitching. I started this when I first began to use linen, and I absolutely hated the white thread with linen! So, I put it away. Now white thread and I are friends again, so I whipped it right out. It WAS done by the 4th, just haven't blogged to show you! You can see the backing fabric in the mirrow.

AND I finished this America by Glory Bee on the 4th, but again--no time to blog about it!

Next is Joy by Homespun Elegance, finished as a tiny little pillow. Used twine to frame it... new for me!


And this pillow is so perfectly matched with the backing fabric, I decided not to use any trim... right now!


I thought I would leave you with a shot from my yard--though technically these blooms are rooted in my neighbor's yard... But isn't it a gorgeous flower? I believe it is a tiger lily... someone will let me know if it is not... Just beautiful...


Hugs, Maggee

13 comments:

Kate said...

Lovely finishes - a batch of finishing always gives a feel good boost.

Beth said...

Oh Maggee - They are ALL so great! Love the stitching and I do envy you your finishing capabilities - I'm a complete washout when it comes to finishing.
Congrats they are charming!

Anonymous said...

Super finishes, Maggee! My favorite is the red, white, blue one by Midnight Stitching.

Robin in Virginia
rlbrowninva @ gmail.com

Vickie said...

Wow! You have been busy! Great collection. I just love Quaker Faith Hope Love. :)

Karen said...

Love all of your finishes! Especially like the HE Spring piece...the fabric and ric rac are just perfect!

happy stitching and finishing...

Catherine said...

Wonderful batch of finishes!!

Deborah said...

You have been very busy! The finishes are all lovely.

Carol said...

What a great bunch of finishes, Maggee--I especially love the Quaker in the red, white, and blue!

Shirlee said...

Great finishes Maggee! How do you attach the rick rack & the twine? I've only edged with chenille trim & your stitches are hidden in the fluff.

Karen said...

you've been busy Maggee! they all look great!!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great stitching and lovely finishing! The Quaker piece is very nice, and the Seaside makes me smile, but not as much as the Women's Words :-)

Joy said...

Great finishes Maggee! I love the fabby you used on each...just perfect.

Mangogirl said...

Gorgeous stitching