Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WIPs

My LNS had a WIP (Works in Progress) Night, where everyone brought in three WIP's--kinda like Show and Tell only online. I brought mine but did not get a picture of them that night. I did now, and thought I would share. Of course, they are not ALL of my WIPs!! We were supposed to pick our oldest, newest and one more. So, without further ado... here they are...



This is probably my oldest WIP. It is called 'A Bouquet for Cheryl' and it was a collaborative design to honor Cheryl Miller, a wonderful stitcher who loved color! You can read about the design here. I started this shortly after I joined the samplerlife yahoo group, of which I am still a member (who lurks). This picture cannot show you that I had a fourth of it done, only to find a mistake! So, the frogs and I met for a while, and it has sat idle pretty much since! But I love the hand-dyed fabric that R&R made for me! The fabric and thread were the same as an online friend of mine's rendition of the design, though she did it on evenweave or linen, and I was only an aida girl back then (2007). I met her also on the samplerlife group. Marc Davis was one of the designers of the piece (but he has since passed away), which brings me to my next WIP...



This is Sachet by Needlemania, and that was Marc Davis. He was a pretty wonderful man, though I never got to meet him in person. He was one of the List 'Moms' for the samplerlife yahoo group, and he was very inspiring, creative and funny! In fact, he was the one that first told me about Woodlawn, in Northern VA each spring. He entered his rendition of Rosemarkie, which in turn inspired me to do mine in purple! And boy, was that hard to frame by the way! I ended up sending it to Jill Rensel who did a fantastic job! Marc started making his own designs after a while, and I bought Sachet. However, I barely started it when he passed. So, the listers at the samplerlife all said we should stitch a design of his, in his memory! No problem--I had one started! The MOST interesting thing about my WIP is that I wanted it to be green, and went to my shop for assistance in picking a fabric. I had already picked the thread--Spinach, and I ended up getting the last piece of 32-count R&R linen named WOODLAWN! How coincidental is that!?!



And this is my M by Jardin Prive, a french designer that I just love! I started this in April, and WILL finish it this year! It is just so dainty and feminine! I am doing it on 36 count! As you can see, I have switched from aida to linen! But I am hanging on to several pieces of R&R overdyed/hand dyed aida--I cannot part with them, and will find the perfect uses for them eventually.

Well, that was a sampling of my WIPs. I have lots more (shhh... don't tell my hubby!!) and may show them on a more regular basis, something like Karen is doing over at her blog!

Thanks for visiting!

Hugs,

Maggee

7 comments:

McKenna C. said...

Those are all beautiful! I love the colors!

~McKenna

Beth said...

Good luck with your WIP progress!

Tamara said...

The Sachet is going to look lovely! Thanks for reminding me about the WIP's; I'll get mine out to bring tonight.

Catherine said...

Since I used to be a strict one at a time stitcher, I might cry if I pull out all of my current unfinished pieces!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Although I'm pretty much a one-at-a-time stitcher, there are a few WIPs around here. Nice sharing!

Anne said...

Such lovely WIP's Maggee!! Love that blue R&R fabby that was specially dyed for you! Jardin Prive is a lovely designer and I have yet to stitch one of hers....I will soon someday!

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching :) I like the letter ... she has already made a C too....