Saturday, June 9, 2012

Something Exciting!

I am finally blogging about something so exciting to me! My son has begun to branch out from making pens to making stitching accessories! He makes hornbooks and paddles, so far! I have more ideas, but this is enough right now! His company is called Jon's Woodworks, and his pieces are currently exclusively sold through my LNS, Dyeing to Stitch. He uses mostly exotic woods, like Bubinga, Purpleheart and Padauk but there are others like Walnut, which is also so pretty. I had him make me a special one, for a special gift which has now been received by Becky--so I can show it! But I have a bunch more patterns that I am going to stitch and put on the hornbooks, cause they are just too darned cute! You can pick the wood and how many holes you want, from 0 to 8 on one side or two. You will just have to visit the website and see them for yourselves. I am not the best picture taker, and will redo some as we go along. I am so excited for my son! Here is what I made for Becky:



Onto other news.. the ONLY finishing I got done last weekend was for my friend Sheryl--a Shepherd's Bush piece for Easter (sorry... one thing delayed another...) I have not done this type of finish before, with ribbon and beads. It was kinda fun! The important thing is that SHE loves it!

Finally, today I popped into the Dollar Tree to find out if they got the new solar dancing things--and they DID! If you are a fan of the dancing flowers, then you might be interested in the BUGS! The guy at the store said they are flying out of there, so you better hurry! And they are limiting them, also, because people are re-selling them on EBay! Of course, the Ladybug is my favorite!

Hugs,

Maggee

11 comments:

Beth said...

Magee - Too funny we have SUCH similar tastes. I have the Bee Happy pattern out to stitch up this month...and yesterday I got the SB "Egg Hunt" kit in the mail! Nice work on your finishes!

Anne said...

Love what you made for Becky!! I adore that freebie from Needleprint!! And you made it into a hornbook too! So cute! Sweet SB fob you made :D

Shirlee said...

That Bee Happy is so cute! How great that your son is branching out to make stitching things! Best of luck to him!

Catherine said...

Congrats and good luck to your son! Sweet gifts for both Becky and Cheryl.

Vickie said...

Both of your finishes are beautiful. Congratulations for your son, that is great. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Mouse said...

saw your lovely gift to Becky on her blog ... well done to DS on doing such lovely hornbooks too :)
and those bugs are cute :)
ooo and cute finish as well ...lol
love mouse xxxxx

Carol said...

How nice that you've gotten your son involved in creating stitching accessories, Maggee! The pieces you stitched for Becky and Sheryl are adorable... Love the ribbon and bead finishing on the SB!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great finishes you've done. Now I'm going to check out the son's works. Be well!

Karen said...

You have a very talented son! Love your finishes...too cute!

happy stitching...

msmartello said...

great finishing Maggee! That's great for your son. I'll be in touch because I can think of lots of people I can make those for. What's the website?

Maureen

Mindi said...

You made a fabulous gift for Becky, and I love the woodworking items your son is making. I checked out the pictures you provided the link for, and those woods are gorgeous!