Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Mystery Sampler SAL

Two of my stitching buddies and myself have begun to stitch exclusively on the With Thy Needle's Mystery Sampler. I had started it last year, but of course, put it down to do other things! But Jennifer and Sheryl (not blogging right now) had not started theirs last year, so they are a bit behind me! We are using 3 different thread counts and fabrics, and they are using silk conversions. It is going to be fun to see how they compare. Jennifer posted a picture of all three on her blog--no use repeating it here. But below IS a complete picture of my Sampler as it looked at the end of our stitch time. About 50% done with the border! Phew! I am using 32-count R&R Espresso, whereas Sheryl is using 36-count and Jennifer is using 40-count.

Have a couple of small finishes done, but no photos yet. Today is the start of really really hot weather here. Have to find an alternate lunch arrangement, as I have been sitting in my van and stitching of late. I can listen to the radio and stretch out...Lunch room is always crowded and noisy. Sigh...

Hugs,

Maggee

6 comments:

Shirlee said...

Your WIP is looking great! I used to do the same thing as you when I was working ... sit in my car, listen to the radio & stitch. It was such a pleasant break in the day! I hope you find an alternative until you can be comfortable doing that again.

Vickie said...

I hear you Maggee! It was 105 here yesterday! Yuck! Stay cool. I love that border. :)

Denise said...

I am working on this same Mystery sampler and have the center all most done. This piece is actually from With Thy Needle & Thread by Brenda Gervais not Shakespeares Peddler. Honest mistake they are both great designers.
Great stitching progress.
Denise

Jennifer said...

I've been sneaking in a few stitches here and there this week. I hope to be closer to your picture by Saturday.....

See you then!

Melissa said...

Lovely progress on your mystery sampler, Maggee!

valerie said...

Great progress on your mystery sampler! I see Denise gave you the correct designer name. Can't wait to see your sampler grow!