Sunday, June 3, 2012

Found out what is destroying the peppers and beans!

It was slugs!! I decided to go for the beer in the garden trick last night and this morning my husband told me it has six or seven slugs in it! Yahoo! I researched it a bit last night and found that slugs do not leave trails! I did not know that! I LOVE the internet!! Maybe the peppers will have a chance now! See the slugs at the bottom...??


On the stitching front, not much done yesterday. No buddies to stitch with, due to life ... so my PLAN was to stitch as if they were here. But NO... my husband did not go fishing and was hanging around bugging the *&%# out of me! I did some finishing, but not all. And got some stitching done on a piece I cannot show yet. You will just have to believe me! Gonna TRY to work on the finishing some more today, but he is still home today...

Have a nice Sunday!

Hugs,

Maggee

6 comments:

Shirlee said...

So glad you found a "cure" for your slugs! I wish someone would come up with one for grasshoppers. They are quite prevalent here & are gluttons for anything in their path : (

Denise said...

Slugs are nasty creatures. Glad you found your problem and solved it!
Good luck stitching/finishing today!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

I've heard this before - nice to see that it really works!

Natasha said...

Very happy you found a cure to your slug problem. I have had the whole weekend all by myslef Hubby was out of town, comes back tonight. I barely out a stitch in :( I did enjoy the quiet though LOL

Have a great day!!

Catherine said...

Yay for the peppers and beans!!
Don't you just hate it when the best laid stitching plans are messed up! Hope you find some time today!

Vickie said...

Oh do I hate slugs. I have never lived in a home before where there were so many!! They are eating 90% of my strawberries. :( I need to spread wood shavings under them I think maybe.