Sunday, May 6, 2012

Stitching related (somewhat) pictures

I find that I cannot post any pictures of finishes, as they are all gifties of one sort or another! But I do have stuff to share!
This is my progress on my 'M' by Jardin Prive. It is a very pretty french design. Love all of her stuff!
And I just finished July by Little House Needleworks. Hopefully I will keep ahead and complete the set this year--a little late, but what the heck!
I found a dish for the bottom of my frog (Thanks again Becky!) at that store in Durham--love that place! So without further ado, here is my first scissor frog, stuffed full of my collection of scissors.
My Dovo scissors are in the middle and the one connected to the biscornu fob that I made years back. The fob to the left, the purple one, is my first beaded one that I made last year with the guidance of my stitching buddies. The red one was a gift from Bindy, who used to be a co-owner of my LNS but moved away. And the purple one on the right is from a stitching buddy in England--it was a RAK!
Another view!
To show you what else I picked up in that great store in Durham... I am always on the hunt for things to use for displaying my stitching, be it old frames, hangers, or stands. This is one of two stands I came across for 1.00! You can see the backs in the mirror.
And here is the other one! Aren't they great! They are perfect for those plaques right now...and who knows what later on!
And today, as I was photographing my frog, my stitching neighbor and friend, and also our FRAMER, Patti, came by and gifted me with another frog--PINK!! OOOh... I am so excited! Of course, I have to find a suitable bottom for it, but all good things come to those who wait.
Another shot...
This has been my spring (and Easter) display this year. The tree was a gift from Jennifer (Serial Starter) and you can see some of my stitched bunnies and birdies from last year on it. The new additions were Birthday presents from my stitching buddy Sheryl, and they are adorable! And the Purple Cross was a Christmas present from my buddy at my office who was let go in February... (very sad face)...
Don't they have the cutest faces??
Well, that is about all that I can show today. Next post will be your chance for a reward for sticking through my absence! Till later, Hugs, Maggee

17 comments:

BeckySC said...

Both your Wip's look great, Maggee :)
Have a lovely week :)
((hugs))

Mouse said...

ooooo lovely stitching .. really like the LHN one too :) cute ornaments on your tree and adore those frogs .. the pink one is lovely with the etchings on it :)
hope you have a lovely stitchy week :) love mouse xxxxx

Nancy said...

Your stitching is lovely Maggee! So many pretty things you have - the pink flower frog is gorgeous, and I love your Easter tree. You are right - they do have the cutest faces!

Catherine said...

Great stitches and goodies. So lucky to have a pink flower frog!! Your Easter tree is very cute.

Beth said...

I like your little Spring Tree! A super idea.

stitcheranon said...

A scissor holder! What a great idea. I love the colours you have use din your stitching and the Spring/Easter tree is lovely.

Linda said...

Great stitching Maggee and congrats on the finish. Your spring tree is adorable.

Linda

Karen said...

Looks like you have been busy! Love your little tree with the cute ornaments.... just too cute!

happy stitching....

Shirlee said...

Maggee ... Everything is lovely!

Penny said...

Love the Jardin Prive piece - very pretty! Your LHN finish is sweet. :) What a cute spring tree too!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Your stitching is lovely on M, and a nice July finish! Nice finds at your secret store :-). Love the pink frog - it goes along with all your pretty spring decor.

msmartello said...

Yeah! You found a dish. I finally found my first frog and found a dish right then. I still have to post it on my blog b/c I am so excited about it. I have been looking for a tree similar to yours to display stitching. Where did you get it? Or where can I get something like that? Glad your back!
Hugs
Maureen

Anne said...

Beautiful Jardin Prive piece!! Love the M's!! Lovely frogs you got too!! Isn't it fun to find great scores!?! Cute little Easter/Spring tree too!!

Denise said...

Your progress on M is beautiful and great finish on July ( I like this one beause my birthday is in July). We all need a couple of scissor frogs, don't we! I love your spring tree, I am on the lookout for one myself.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Karen said...

great progress pics! and love the frogs, you will be addicted in no time like me (i have a bunch of them). Just a tip, add some crushed walnut shells to the dish so the tips of your scissors with hit them. They are suppose to help keep them sharp (at least a little).

Peggy Lee said...

Lots of pretty things in this post. Beautiful stitching and I really like that scissor frog!

Mangogirl said...

gorgeous stitching :)