Monday, February 20, 2012

What a Finale!!

Today was a day off for me, so after doing a bit of paperwork, cleaning and picking up, then shopping, I took a break to watch my taped Downton Abbey Finale!! Wow!! Double Wow! Love that series!! Sad to say I have to wait a year for the next installments, but it is worth it! Plus, my nemesis, Magg-i-e Smith is in it, and she is an excellent actress! (Even if she DOES spell her name wrong!! heheheheheh!!) Of course, I was stitching too... the end of the IHSW for the month. I only stitched one project this month, but I think I can see the end coming near. I am working on Feather Your Nest by With Thy Needle, and despite the fact that I have to use a magnifying glass to see the symbols on this chart, I still love the piece! Without further ado, here is my progress so far:





I did a bit of finishing too, but not for me, for a friend. I did a cube finish, ala Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher. Her tutorials are excellent, and I receive much inspiration from them!



And this weekend was the Great Backyard Bird Count across the country, so I did my best to watch for different birds in my neighborhood. I did see a juvenile Blue Jay, which was special. Not my favorite bird because they are pretty noisy, but the blue is so refreshing to see in winter. Saw a cardinal or two and grackles, and a tiny little chickadee, but the MOST interesting was the robin with the white head!! Honest--see the pictures below! My husband saw it first, last year, and it has returned. Because, surely there cannot be two of them! Do you think it could be genetic? Nahhhh... It was such a challenge to photograph it through my window, but I did okay. I am going to be watching for that guy this spring!




Pardon the not-so-great pictures. I am really wanting a better camera! Sigh...


I took off moderation, since it also makes commenters do the captcha thing! We should all complain to Blogger and get them to go back to the way it was! I looked around online but saw nothing from them announcing the change. Nice....


Well, going up to stitch again, before bed.




Hugs,

Maggee

20 comments:

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ranae said...

FYN is looking great. I have it kitted, now seeing yours I want to start it :)
Your cube turned out perfect, lucky person to recieve that.
That darn moderation is bad for leaving comments, shame on it, lol

Deborah said...

You did a wonderful job on the cube. Your wip is beautiful. Look forward to the finish.

Linda said...

Your doing a great job on Feather the Nest. I love it. Great job on the cube finish.

Linda

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Oh I like your Feather your Nest too, it looks great. Congrats on the box finish too, it came out nice. CJ in OK ;-)

My Life In Stitches said...

Nice finish. Your getting to be quite the expert. Glad you had a nice day off.

cucki said...

wowwwwwwwwww i really love the feather the nest..it is so cute..
congratulations on your box finish..
big hugs cucki xx

Mouse said...

oooo well done on your progress it is looking lovely ... not seen this one before and I saw the last one at Christmas of DA :)
methinks it is the same bird as they usually are territorial at least over here they are :)
love mouse xxxxx

And This Little Pig said...

Ah Maggee lovely stitching, great finish. Great photos, birds are so hard, too close and they are gone :@
LiBBiE in Oz

Shirlee said...

Love the Feather Your Nest! Searched it out & have it in my cart now to order ... lol! Blessings, Shirlee

Patty C. said...

Feather you nest is awesome - love the pattern !!!!! Your work looks just beautiful - Great colors !!!!

Nancy said...

Feather Your Nest is just beautiful! Don't you love the big, plump red bird? Blue Jays are pretty, but they can get very mean when there are cats around! I have never seen a robin with a white head - that is very interesting.

Catherine said...

Love your finishes! So pretty! What an interesting Robin to see! I would say it's the same one, I think they do come back to the same area year after year. I just took word verification off too, hopefully I won't get too many things I need to delete now.
Funny about Downton Abby ~ I kept reading things about it on different blogs, so knowing that I would be riding in the car a bit this past weekend, I purchased Season 1. And wow, am I hooked! I have to get Season 2 now! The costuming, scenery, sets and acting are amazing!

Carol said...

Nice progress, Maggee and your cube is darling! I agree, Vonna has made such excellent tutorials for us, hasn't she?

Weird robin! Still haven't seen my first one of the spring yet...

Katie said...

Beautiful stitching. I love the cube finish. You did a fantastic job. We haven't saw a robin yet here in Indiana. At our old house we used to get a ton of squirrels. A whole bunch of them had half a tail. We always wondered if it was a deformity that came from birth or was they all almost hit.

Melanie said...

GREAT job on the cube finish! It looks fabulous. :)

Nancy said...

FYN is so pretty! I have started it but haven't worked on it in a long while...going to have to pull it back out! Love your cube finish!

Mangogirl said...

great stitching and a lovely cube finish :D

Anne said...

Beautiful stitching! Love the feathers in the nest!! OOHH Downton Abbey is my favourite show! I don't like how we have to WAIT SO LONG!! Maggie Smith is one of my favourite actresses, along with Dame Judi.

Tatkis said...

Such a beautiful and cute bird! And I love your cube finish!

Hugs,
Tatyana