Sunday, February 26, 2012

Tomorrow is 'Tell a Fairy Tale Day"

And in honor of that, I am going to share a bit of my history and a Cuban tale. Years ago, I worked as a nanny, and took my first little guy to Story Time at the local library each week. He and I both LOVED that! And of course, I read to him all the time... and he sometimes read to me (he had memorized Green Eggs and Ham!!) This kindled my love for storytelling once again, for I read to my own children a lot! I even found videos of a storytelling contest and the stories were so GREAT! LOTS of members in my family have seen these videos! I believe reading is so very important, and can see that stitching bloggers feel the same! We sneak in a book or two, between projects! So, on to the tale! I found this tale in a book of Latin and Indian folk tales, so not your normal fare. It does have a familiar ring to it, though, as you will find out. The story is on a different PAGE at the top of my blog, called Tell a Fairy Tale Day 2012.


My hope is that you will read it and enjoy it. And IF you are so inclined, and you know of a fairy or folk tale you want to share, please send to me in an email (in my profile) and I will be very happy to post it on the page and give credit. Or you can post it on your blog--just let me know so I can read it too! Let's see how many different types of stories we can post this 'Tell a Fairy Tale Day'!


P.S. I hope to finish Feather Your Nest VERY SOON!!!

Hugs,

Maggee

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Very interesting tale! Thanks for sharing!

My Life In Stitches said...

Cute new format and I enjoyed the fairy tail. Hugs

cucki said...

aww very interesting,,thank you for sharing..
hugs xx

stitcheranon said...

A lovely tale..and yes, I too love reading and sometimes I think I only had children to enable me to keep up with children's fiction rofl (and jelly sweets lol). Thank you so much for your supportive posts. I will email some time..just need to get this week over with..like a cat on hot coals this week rofl..scans and more scans xxx

stitcheranon said...

Just re read it...it is very like the original Grim brother's tales. The original fairy tales were very gruesome which is probably why kids liked them so much lol. Did not realise you were from Cuba, I have always wanted to visit there though it is unlikely.