Wednesday, February 22, 2012

New Stitching chair to show you!

When I was visiting family a month ago, we went to a second-hand store just looking around. It was a GREAT store!! And off in a corner was this cute little chair. A bit of history--I have been lusting for a down-filled chair for abour 5 years, ever since my sister got one. I know what they look like, and no one makes them anymore! Hers was pricey, but you just sink right into it... so comfy!! Okay--back to my story... The cute little chair that caught my eye definitely 'looked' like it was down-filled. So, I sat in it--and just sank in!! We all gave it a try, and I wanted it! Alas, it had no price tag so we spoke to someone there and he took their name and cell number to call when they got a price. The employee said he would put our name on the chair to remind them to call once the owner gets in... A WEEK later, after getting many random calls asking about the chair because the note they left said something like " Call 123-4567 about price of chair' they go back in and when they are told about the calls by buyers but not by them, they called the owner right then and there, and came up with a great price -- $35!! SOLD!!! It was my birthday present from the fam!! So, two weekends ago, I went back and got my chair, and it is downstairs for my stitching buds to see and feel, then it goes upstairs to it's rightful place of honor! Oh, and one more funny story about this chair. In between picking up the chair from the store and me bringing it home, I got a text message that said, "It is definitely down!" and a picture was attached of a feather sticking out of the back cushion! Ta-da!! So, here is my cute little chair!!




Next I am going to find the perfect side table!!




Hugs,

Maggee

17 comments:

valerie said...

Congratulations on your new stitchy chair!!

Michele said...

What a cozy lil chair...it looks so inviting too with it's soft colors. LOL Happy Sitting.

EvalinaMaria said...

Congrats on the new purchase and happy belated birthday!

Shari said...

very pretty!!!! It would look great in my stitchy room! And you know what is funny.....I have been sort of on the lookout for a cozy chair for my room!!! ENJOY!!!!

cucki said...

it is so beautiful..big hugs and congratulations xx

Vickie Niggemann said...

Isn't it great when you get a great deal?!

Shirlee said...

Congratulations on getting the chair & at such a great price too! Blessings, Shirlee

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Wonderful! It looks and sounds so comfy. The perfect stitching chair. CJ in OK ;-)

Katie said...

Wow great deal. Hope you get to enjoy lots and lots of stitching in your new chair.

Edgar said...

What a super find!! Congrats!

Ranae said...

That's great that you finally found your stitchy chair
It does look comfy

My Life In Stitches said...

Can't wait to see it live.

msmartello said...

What a great stitching chair Maggee! Is anyone going to have trouble getting you out of the chair once you are in it and start stitching? LOL!

Maureen

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What a great find - always keep the eyes open.
About three years ago I happened upon a sofa at a church charity shop that was in a very dated plaid, but I loved the shape and down feel. I gave my leather sofa to DS, brought the thrifty find home and made covers for it in a shabby sort of way.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sFuiIFY6vVE/SMP4qDQjzfI/AAAAAAAACjs/bwAEC1DtIBk/s1600-h/LR+sofa+coffee+table+copy.bmp

Dani - tkdchick said...

Ooh fantastic chair!!!!

Jenny said...

Wow - $35 - what a bargian! You did great! :-)

Meari said...

Congrats on your new-to-you chair. I hope it brings you many hours of pleasurable stitching time :)