Sunday, November 20, 2011

IHSW weekend pictures, PLUS...

I spent Saturday afternoon stitching with a friend, and that is the most stitching I got done this weekend. I finished two pieces this week, including one Friday evening as the kick-off to my International Hermit Stitching Weekend. I sure wish I could have hermited more!! This is Love in a Manger by Brightneedle. I am going to have it framed in red... Won't it be cute??

And this is my start on HoHoHo in a Row, another Lizzie Kate Quick It! I hope to finish this real soon!

I was given this piece about two years ago (WHY IS IT SIDEWAYS???!!!). I knew just what I wanted to put in the cute frames--my two PS birds that I stitched, and two more that I was planning to stitch! I had started the first two on 35-count hand-dyed fabric from R&R, and had to wait for more to be dyed in order to do the last two birdies! But today I put them in the frames and with hubby's help, got it hung up in the dining room. Close-up of the left side... Need to get votives still...

And close-up of the right side...

I think it will look great with other finishes in the frames,too -- like N-O-E-L or L-O-V-E. Going to look for patterns tonight!

These are the three pieces, finished, that I sent to The Attic Needlework, in Mesa, AZ for the silent auction to benefit Breast Cancer Research Foundation. It was held this weekend, and I hope it was a success!

A little piece that was going to go to Myrtle Beach, but I was afraid it was not 'fall-ish' enough, so kept it! Well, Blogger is messing around with my pictures and I am pretty tired, so am going to close this post and try to do more this week. I have to finish the other pattern I stitched this week into a door hanger, then maybe get a few more stitches in on HOHOHO in a Row.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving holiday to those readers in the U.S.!

Hugs,

Maggee

18 comments:

Tracey said...

Great WIPs- and I like the way you have those finishes framed! :)

cucki said...

hello, i love your finish and lovely new start..i really love all the finishes framed..they are so cute..
keep well and happy monday xx

Mouse said...

ooohhh love that frame with the candles and just right for those wee stitches ... well done on the ho ho ho ... can't wait to see your bright needle one framed .. and isn't hermitting grand ..lol
love those little ornaments you stitched for the attic .. hope they did well too :) love mouse xxx

And This Little Pig said...

Lovely stitching Maggee love your little piece in the bamboo frame :@ What a great way to finish smaller pieces.
LiBBiE in Oz

Agi said...

Hi

The little birds are just perfect in their frames, I really liked them!

Nancy said...

Wonderful projects Maggee! I think Love In A Manger will be perfect framed in red. The little bluebirds are so pretty!

Kate said...

Great update - love the framed peices with the votives and your new L*K start is fab

Karen said...

love the little frames w/PS in them very nice! I wish i knew you had two more pieces at the auction! I knew about the biscornu. it was absolutely stunning in person!!!! and the other two were too. It was a great night there.

Kate said...

The breast cancer ornaments are lovely and I am sure the helped raise funds for a great cause.

Mangogirl said...

beautiful stitching finishes and great WIP. The light frame thing looks lovely with those designs.

Sherry said...

I really love your Lizzie Kate start. The colors look great. And I love your framed pieces with the candles.

Joysze said...

That's is such an awesome display idea!!! Great stitching all around, Maggee. :D

♥ Nia said...

Beautiful works!! :)
and what a pretty display you have there!! :D

The Maiden said...

Congratulations on your finishes, and I love the display of frames!

Anne said...

Such lovely pink smalls for Breast Cancer research! That biscornu if my favourite! Lovely progress on Love in a Manger. I hate it when blogger decides to post photos sideways?!! So bizarre!

Kate said...

What a beautiful way to display your stitching! Very lovely

Nancy M said...

Nice way to show off your stitching pieces. I am assuming that was originally meant for photographs?

Tatkis said...

Great idea about metal frame for the stitched works! I love your finishes!

Hugs,
Tatyana