Thursday, October 6, 2011

Feeling poorly... and iSAD

I have been in a lot (more) pain since the weekend, and found out I have a kidney infection. My back really really hurts most of the time, despite the fact that I have been on one antibiotic since Tuesday. So, today, I called and when the nurse asked how I was feeling and I told her 'like crap!' she said 'no wonder! the meds you are taking cannot fight the bacterial infection you have." So, I go from taking 250mg of Cipro 2X a day for seven days to 875mg of Amoxicillin 2X a day for ten days! Big guns, eh?! So, all this to say my mojo is seriously dragging. I have lots to do, and I feel lousy! I need a fairy stitchmother!!

Perhaps the pain will diminish for the weekend, when I play catch-up! All that medicine--it should!!

I pulled a bunch of charts out for a Giveaway--stay tuned!

I am so sad about Steve Jobs... He was a great visionary, and will be sorely missed. I LOVE my iPhone!! I say that all the time! Especially when I discover something new I can do with it (no, I have not read the manuals yet!!) Thus, "iSAD" about his passing...

Hugs, Maggee

21 comments:

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Sorry you feel so crappy, but the meds should have your mojo back in no time! Love the WoO, too!

Nancy said...

Hope you feel better soon! Must be something in the air my daughter has been on Amox. since Monday for a bladder infection and she was on another antibiotic before that for a sinus infection.

Ponto Cruz e Companhia said...

I wish you'll be better soon
Hugs
Alda

Jane said...

Oh Maggee, that's rotten but hopefully the painkillers will kick in soon ~ being a diabetic and suffering from frequent kidney problems myself my tip, although a boring one, is to drink loads and loads of water, it will flush all the impurities out of the kidneys and help you mend quicker.
My mojo has gone walkabouts too, perhaps the 2 of them have gone on hols together ~ hope they come back soon xxx

cucki said...

oh dear, i hope you feels better soon..
lots of hugs for you
cucki xx

Carol said...

Hoping you feel better, soon, Maggee! I was sad about Steve Jobs' passing, too--and I don't even own any Apple products... Think it was because he was exactly my age--it really makes you think about your own life, doesn't it?

Melanie said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!! :(

Joysze said...

Get better, Maggee.

Penny said...

Kidney infections are definitely no fun ~ hopefully the medicine will begin to work soon! :)

Karen said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Catherine said...

Oh, I do hope you are getting some relief by now. Kidney issues are not fun at all...

Denise said...

Holy Moly - that many meds - you should be up and around soon!

We lost someone special didn't we?

Carol R said...

Get well soon Maggee!

Robin said...

Hope the medicine kicks in soon and your are feeling better. It is amazing how something like that just knocks all your energy. Take the drugs, push the fluids and stitch a bit.

Blu said...

Hope you get better soon.
((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))

Jan said...

Hope that you are feeling better every day, Maggee. My daughter has suffered with kidney infections before and her pain is horrible! Take good of yourself and yes, H20 is incredibly healing!

EvalinaMaria said...

Take a lot of rest and feel better soon! Here is a big cyber {{{{{hug}}}}} for you.

CindyMae said...

So sorry you are feeling bad, I know what you are going through. Take care and get lots of rest. Found your blog through the IHSW sign up. Love your work and look forward to visiting you often!

shio said...

omg, i hope you feel much better and get good heal soon
me too see your blog on the ihsw
you have a very cute blog , nice biscornu!!umets

msmartello said...

Hope your feeling better soon. I added your blog to my favorites so I will check back frequently. Can't wait to meet you at the retreat.
Maureen

Always smiling said...

Hope you feel better soon.. I have been ill myself, so annoying I didn't even feel like stitching just sat around and did nuffin!!LOL

Hugs Chris xx