Monday, September 19, 2011

IHSW pictures

In my never-ending search for interesting blogs, I came across a site that encourages us to be 'hermits' one weekend a month!It is called International Hermit and Stitch weekend, and you can read more here. So, to keep myself accountable, I am posting pics of my weekend stitching. I only stitched Saturday--during the day with my stitching friends and more at night, after dinner, etc...Yesterday was a bust! So without further ado, here are progress pictures!


Part 4 of the IStitch Mystery SAL, which I did rather quickly Saturday! So cute!I have NO idea why blogger keeps flipping THIS chart sideways!! I reloaded it several times here...


This is my pitiful progress on A Weary World Rejoices by Shakespeare's Peddler, one of my Up for a Challenge pieces that has languished of late. I think it is going to be a leftover for next year, at this pace!! But I do like it a lot! I stitched from the S through the numbers and motifs there. A fair amount done. I would LOVE to finish it by Christmas but I know that ain't happening!

Today I worked on the beading on my 'pink' project. I received a random thought that I should think about where I intended to 'gift' this project... It is so so pretty! I may end up doing an extra project so that this 'pink' one goes to my new inspired place! Do I sound mysterious enough? Cause I am!! IF I decide to switch, then I will show pictures of it! Meanwhile, it is Lizzie Kate Lovers night, so I better get busy!It is fun to stitch along, virtually, with like-minded buddies!

Hugs,
Maggee

9 comments:

Cross Stitch Crazy Mum said...

Very pretty! and nice progress :)

Nancy said...

Nice progress!

Mouse said...

oooo like them both and well done on the progress :)and you've got me curious now with the pink project ..lol .. can't wait to see what you decide :) love mouse xxxx

cucki said...

very beautiful and so sweet stitching..nice progress xx

Jennifer said...

Personally, I think we should become members of the IHSW. Then it won't matter if we stitch all weekend!

However, I too got zero stitching done on Sunday, and it looks like I may have to bow out this Saturday too. I may have family coming in becuase of my Aunt's illness and I should really be with my family. I will let you know when I know....

Kate said...

Lovely progress - I'm curious to see what the pink project is!

Meari said...

Both pieces of stitching looks good. Kudos!

Joysze said...

You stitched on Saturday.... THAT COUNTS!! Hehehe, and you made such great progress. I love the colors of your iStitch... I think it's the first one I've seen so far with 3 colors. :D

Regarding the sideway pics... if you're on a PC, view that pic in Windows Picture Viewer and see if it's flipped sideways. If so, rotate it right side up and upload it again on blogger.... that usually does the trick....

S's Peddler looks really good. :)

Catherine said...

Great stitches!

You have peeked my curiosity as to your pink project!!