Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Two finishes

I have been away too long!! But been busy stitching whenever I can. So, without further ramblings, here are two finishes I CAN show you (still doing exchange pieces too!): Peace, Love and a Cure by Lizzie Kate, done on 32-count linen with a smattering of the called-for threads and other DMC threads. I think I will be making this into a flatfold. Been wanting to try that finish! Finished my version of the ABCD Sampler by La-D-Da, the Traveling Pattern ! I cannot send it out just yet, as I do not have the journal that goes with it. I used a piece of 32-count Rue Green linen, and HDF Deep Purple (two different dye lots)and GAST Cranberry. I like the way it looks. It will be framed--eventually!

Working away on A New Day--I am about half done the first one! And getting ready to start a few new ones, like a LK for Mondays and maybe a fall piece and a Christmas ornie or two! So much to do, so much to do!!

Hugs,

Maggee

14 comments:

Sherry :o) said...

Whoo Hoo on the traveling ABCD Sampler - I am a ways down on the list but so looking forward to receiving, stitching and sending on! I haven't decided what to stitch it on/fiber to stitch with as of yet. Other stitching looks great too!

Catherine said...

Great finishes!! I'm looking forward to stitching the traveling sampler as well....I see that you highlighted your initials - I do that when I can too!!

natalyK said...

Love your alphabet finish and the color way you chose. It's beautiful and I didn't even recognize it at first.

Cindy said...

glad to see you back to blogging. I missed you. How are you feeling these days? I love your finishes.

Kate said...

Lovely finishes.

valerie said...

Great finishes Maggee! I hope that you're feeling better!

Bekca said...

Congrats on two lovely finishes, can't wait to see what you stitch next.

Nancy said...

Beautiful stitching on your finishes! Love your Traveling Pattern color choices! I haven't decided on mine yet!

Nancy said...

Such beautiful stitching! Enjoy all your projects!

Carol said...

Your projects are always so bright and cheerful, Maggee--love them :)

Peggy Lee said...

Your finishes are lovely. I especially like the way you have highlighted your initials in ABCD. Thanks for taking part in the traveling pattern.

Patty C. said...

Beautiful !!!

cucki said...

hello dear, i am your new follower..i am also looking forward to stitch this traveling sampler as well..
your stitching is very lovely..both of them..
hugs cucki xx
http://cuckistitchingcove.blogspot.com/

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Great finishes, Maggee. Do you have a new blog design? It sure is pretty!