Monday, May 30, 2011

Vacation Stitching pictures

Well, today is the last day of my vacation... (sad face) I did manage to get a fair amount of stitching done, either at the timeshare or at home. So, without further ado... here come the pictures! My progress on the freebie from Heartstring Samplery/Beth Twist called 'Make It Do" Finished the borders on the Summer Mystery SAL by With Thy Needle, called Birds of a Feather. I hope to do one flower a day in June, which should bring me right up to when the next installment arrives! I FINALLY finished the border on this one, after having to tear it out 4 times! Then I just had to stitch some of the inside!! It is pretty cute so far, despite the crappity picture I took... This is on my list of Challenge pieces. A little more progress on Cast Your Cares by My Big Toe, one of my Vacation starts from last year! Also one of my Up for a Challenge pieces! And a bit of work on the Bent Creek "Cabin in the Woods", another one from last year's Vacation starts and on this year's Challenge list on my sidebar. I sure wish I could stitch more --have a ways to go! Then, as if I do not have enough projects going at one time, I started Border Study in Red, the pattern I HAD to have and hunted down!! Am using 36-count Lakeside Linen called 'Vintage Exemplar", which is a new count for me. I usually stick to 32-count but just thought these patterns (I also have #2!!) would look good a little smaller. I am changing it a tiny bit here and there--my personal touch you see...

I stitched a wee bit more on 'Sachet' by Marc Davis of Needlemania. Love the piece, but love so many others too! It's a BAP, so I plug away every now and then.

I worked on 'A New Day' by My Big Toe, and got the entire top border done, and was working on the flowers...BUT, the fabric was just not my cup of tea, so will get a different color and start anew, at a later date. So, NO picture of that.

It sure doesn't look like much stitching... but I am not a fast stitcher, unless it is in a Q-Snap, and not many are. However, it is my passion and I love doing it, and that's all that matters!

I know that Blogger is messed up as far as commenting, so... be patient. They may come through if enough of us complain!!

Hugs, Maggee

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Looks like you had a great stitching holiday! Love your projects!

CalamityJr said...

Wow - a great vacation and so much stitching progress! Good for you!

Carol R said...

Wow you have been busy - great progress but ... Maggee ... what have you done to me? I've fallen in love with Borders in Red and I now have to find this one!

Karen said...

Looks like you had a productive vacation. I am just dying to start BOAF Kindness Sampler... you are so tempting me.....


happy stitching....and easing back into work.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What a great vacation - doing all that stitching. My favorite kind!

EvalinaMaria said...

All looks lovely! And do not be sad, there is always another vacation!

Nancy said...

Enjoy your projects! Wonderful progress you made, and I'm sorry your vacation has come to an end.

Nancy M said...

Lots of projects going on! It won't look like much when you work on so many at a time. Don't worry...you enjoy them!

Always smiling said...

How lovely a stitching holiday, we are off at the end of June for a week away and I shall be stitching.
Have you stashed away your quaker designs? I am making slow progress!
Too many other lovely designs and knitting and crochet work!
Happy Stitching
Hugs Chris x

Sherry :o) said...

I am finally catching up on your blog (I have been fighting and then recoverying from back issues/surgery). What is the pattern for the cross in this post? It is a must have (want v. need), need! I love it! Love your progress to on the mystery sampler. I just ordered mine and am stalking the mailbox (or having my husband stalk for me) anxiously awaiting it's arrival. Hope you are feeling better!