Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beautiful Birthday Gift! and progress reports

Saturday we had stitching at my house, and Darlene gave me an absolutely gorgeous stitched AND framed piece for my birthday (which was in February but we stitchers have our own deadlines)!! I don't know the designer, but it is so pretty!! Once this weekend passes and company leaves I will find it a permanent home, but for now it is in my living room where it can be shown off!! Thank you, thank you, thank you Darlene!

I finally frogged the house and roof from Joy in the Journey last week, and stitched it back and then some on Saturday. I got a good deal done, as you can see from the picture below... Now, you will have to trust me in that I also finished another piece this week, because it is a PIF and I can't post a picture yet. In May, I will give it to the new owner and THEN post! In fact, I will have TWO PIF's to give while I am on vacation in May! What fun! It is another stitching vacation!! Woo Hoo!! I am getting excited!! May 20th cannot come soon enough!!

Gonna go stitch on PIF#2..

Hugs, Maggee

9 comments:

CalamityJr said...

That's an amazing gift. You are blessed with a great friend!

Jennifer said...

It's lovely Maggee! I'm sorry I missed seeing it. Good thing tax season is over now.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that is a La-D-Da piece.

Deborah said...

Wonderful gift! You have great friends.

valerie said...

Beautiful gift from Darlene...wow! It is Love is Spoken Here by LaDDa. Love that designer!

Kate said...

Gorgeous gift, I'm not surprised that you want to show it off. I like your WIP, don't think I have seen that one before.

Karen said...

What a nice gift! I stitched Joy in the Journey last year and it was a fun piece. Yours reminds me that I never framed mine...hmmmm...need to rectify that!

happy stitching....

Catherine said...

Lovely birthday gift!! Can't wait to see your PIFs!

Vonna said...

WHAT a stupendous Birthday Gift! WOW!
your JitJ is looking great!

Nelli said...

Wonderful! Very nice!