Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Almost A Finish!

Thought I had finished stitching Willie's Quaker 2 last night! Yay! And as you will see, I couldn't let it be as charted... so I got a couple of strands of DMC 498 and stitched the little heart 2 over 2 (the rest of the piece is 1 over 2 silk by Dinky Dyes). I LOVE it!! The strand of thread you see around the edges is ALL I had left of my skein of silk! BUT----as I photographed it, I see that I never did stitch the bird up at the top on the right in that empty spot!! Now I have to go get another skein!! Darn!! So close!!! I sure hope my LNS has the silk on hand!! Oh I am SO bummed now... woke up all excited, now it is crash and burn!!

Thinking of having a fun Giveaway soon... Just haven't quite formulated the 'game' yet!
Hugs, Maggee

6 comments:

Denise said...

Phooey! I feel your pain! Have you ever framed a piece and THEN discovered you didn't finish it? That's a bummer too.

Hope the LNS has your silk!

Robin said...

Hmmm...what about adding another red heart to that spot or even your initials? Just a thought! It is a lovely piece!

Robin in Virginia

My Life In Stitches said...

I like the idea of adding your initials in red-good job MS. hugs darlene

Meari said...

Very pretty color!

Karen said...

It's still a pretty "almost" finish! Hope they have the silk so you can get it done.

Love the little red heart....

Jodie said...

Ohh this is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm in LOVE with the colours you've chosen, sooo pretty!!