Saturday, February 12, 2011

More Finishes to show

I finally finished the Ink Circles 'This Heart of Mine' piece. I was on the last stretch and realized that I had messed up in the very beginning, which would affect what I needed to stitch. So, I improvised. Don't much like it, but it was better than THROWING IT OUT! I believe that will be the last piece I do on Aida!! Next is a birthday present for a Fellow February Birthday stitching buddy, Pat. It is a design by Sherry Senicar Designs. Funny, I liked it so much, I bought TWO! It is stitched over one on 25-count evenweave. I used DMC colors, just picked out of the pile to be put away... I sure hope she liked it! I am now working on Willie's Quaker 2. I sure do like this quaker piece! I think I should finish it next week. It stitches up fairly quickly, as long as I keep my eye on it and NOT the t.v.! The fabric I am using is fairly loose-weave and using the Q-snaps is messing me up, so am now going to do it 'in-hand'. My 3rd Blogoversary Giveaway will be announced on the 15th, and ended on the 15th, so stay tuned or you will miss it!! Hugs, Maggee

12 comments:

Blu said...

Gorgeous finishes. Diva is such a colourful piece.

CalamityJr said...

Your ink circles look fine; we wouldn't know there was an error if you hadn't told us! But the Diva - well, we've got to love it, because, after all, isn't there a bit of her in all of us stitchers? What a fun gift for Pat!

Jennifer said...

SOOOOO pretty!!! colors are gorgeous.

Jennifer

Faye said...

Hey Maggee....I hate you had to throw out the stitchery!!! I have been there before too though... I am a total linen chick and have been for years now...I do finishing for people who stitch on Aida, but I can't. Hey, you've had a rough week...Sad about losing your boss.. That can be a difficult work environment. Here's hoping sunnier days are ahead!! And, I know your Stitching Diva friend will love her gift!! Nice job, Faye

PegC said...

So cute! So glad you didn't thro out the heart--you made exclusively yours.

Crystal said...

Love both pieces, they turned out fantastic.

valerie said...

Both finishes are great...they look wonderful!

mollycaff said...

Love your Ink Circles finish, the colours are gorgeous. A lot of my finishes have been "personalised", just makes them unique ;-)

Nancy said...

Your Ink Circles piece is so pretty, and such a fun gift you made for your friend! Enjoy Willie's Quaker!

Tatkis said...

Both finishes are so nice! Great work!

Best wishes,
Tatyana

Melanie said...

Great finishes!! I love the bright colors on the second piece. It's great eye candy. :)

Meari said...

The IC piece is really pretty, and the other is really cute! Congrats on two more finishes.