Monday, December 27, 2010

Family's Finishes!

I have had my older daughter here (she would say 'My Favorite Daughter!')with her family, and they have been stitching with me. Mostly my daughter and her 15 year old daughter, but the younger two daughters gave it a try also... but, no finishes and no pictures. What follows are my daughter's finishes first: Used perforated paper, silver side, and bits of DMC threads. Cute, eh? Used perforated paper, cream side, using more bits of DMC threads. Next are my oldest granddaughter's finishes and a WIP: This was a 'learning' piece. She will NEVER outline in pen again! But it is cute anyway!! Done two years ago, finished today. This is 'Walt the Malt' from a JCS Ornament magazine, done last Saturday (18th), finished today. Didn't she do a fantastic job, both stitching and finishing? It looks great! This is a freebie, done on 16 count R&R Irish Creme, and DMC threads. She is moving right along. Started after finishing Walt, and we have been very busy doing 'stuff' too! I know she will finish it soon! That is all for now. Finding more finishes around, so my count will be increasing!! Pics later! Hugs.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

What fabulous finishes! Looks like we may have suckered a few more ladies into our obsession. ;D Keep up the great work girls!

Sheryl said...

WOW -- Tell them that I said "Great Job!"

Nancy said...

How fun that you have family members stitching along with you! Nice finishes - all of them!

Catherine said...

Whoo-hoo!! How fun to have family to stitch with!

Vonna said...

What cuties :) It's so fun to teach a young learner to stitch and finish!

Carol said...

What fun to have family members to stitch with--I don't think I'll be talking any of my sons into joining me!

Happy New Year to you, Maggee!

Diane said...

Great finishes! I love that you've been able to pass out craft on to more generations! My daughter (just turned 22 yesterday) picked out a small Dimensions kit for Christmas and my son (turned 13 eleven days ago) asks to add a few stitches to my projects from time to time. I keep hoping they'll get hooked, or at very least have enough appreciation for it that the things I've stitched over the years will never end up in a thrift store.

Diane said...

I forgot to ask, who offers the hot chocolate freebie? It's adorable and my kids are cocoa addicts. :)

Bekca said...

It's great that you can share your hobby with family members, me and my sister both like stitching and it means I get twice the amount of charts! I've found that Hot Chocolate chart and plan to start stitching it very soon. Happy stitching to you.