Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas finishes to show

Boy, does it ever get busy when you have a house full of family? We have been running every day, doing fun things for Christmas. Tonight is the Messiah sing-a-long! Should be fun! Anyway, I have some finishes to show... and two more in the process will be posted later. This design is by The Sampler Girl, one of my favorite designers! I have titled it "I Heard the Bells", used 32-ct. R&R Alabaster linen, and Dinky Dyes Bush Christmas thread. This is part of one of my most favorite Christmas songs, and I LOVE the version by Casting Crowns! Well, wasn't that fun? Moving on... This one is for the ornament exchange at my LNS. It is a modified verion of a chart by The Sampler Girl called Christmas Eve Flight. Over one, on a scrap of 25 count sparkly fabby, using random DMC threads. This is my FAVE!! It is from the 2010 JCS Ornament magazine, called Merry and Bright, by Country Cottage Needleworks. It is sitting next to my new animated snowman that I got at our auction at work. When you press the button in back, the snow (glitter) moves around, and there are varying colors too. Love it! And this is 'Sew Peaceful' by Carol at Istitch, one of many really cute charts I have to stitch. This went to a friend at work. Hope she likes it... And finally, I finished-finished the Joy ornie from the 2009 JCS Ornament issue. It is hanging on my ornament tree right next to me here at the computer. Kinda cute! I have a couple more to show, plus the family has been stitching away during their stay and I will post those pictures later tonight. Hope you are enjoying this Christmas season! Hugs.

9 comments:

valerie said...

Beautiful finishes! They are all lovely but my favorites are On Christmas Day and Merry and Bright. I have the same backing fabric you used for the pillow. How funny! Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Faye said...

These ornaments are just too cute!! Great job on them all~~

Merry Christmas to you~ Faye

Catherine said...

You've been busy! All of your ornaments look great - I don't think I could pick a favorite!

Karen said...

Great finishes....hopy you do have a merry christmas!

Jennifer said...

Woo hoo!! Great finishes!

Can't wait to see what the girls have accomplished.

Deborah said...

Great finishes! All of the ornies are beautiful. Have a wonderful holiday.

Elaine said...

Beautiful ornies!
Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Sherry :o) said...

Very cute ornaments! Your snow pics are awesome! My sil in VA has snow too - and being originally from Michigan, she is thrilled!

Mindy said...

My husband and I LOVE Casting Crowns, and we'd never heard their version of this song! I've already listened to it 3 times today. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing!