Friday, December 31, 2010

59 & 60!!

I forgot to count the exchange ornie that I stitched for my partner in my stitching group. It is by LHN, in the JCS Ornament magazine, 2010? (need to double check that)It was for Darlene, who loves Gingerbread Men. This makes 59! And number 60 was another one of the Lizzie Kate Christmas Rules flip its, 'Be Kind & of Good Cheer'. I found it while tidying up for the New Year. I think I have one more started in this series, tho for the life of me, I cannot find it! Anyway, I don't always like using white thread... depends on the project. On this one, I tried and tried to do the snowflakes, but they looked terrible. So, I got these new little buttons which look pretty good... And speaking of the stitching group exchange, I have pictures! First is a picture of the stitched pieces everyone received. Mine is the PURPLE one, for my purple-themed Christmas tree! Jennifer stitched it, and it is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE IT! Darlene stitched the penguin and the Teal Ribbon piece for Sheryl. And Sheryl stitched the Menorrah for Jennifer. All in all, the exchange went quite well. Of course, we were ONLY supposed to have a gift for our partners, but... We ALL had gifts for everyone. Sheryl stitched adorable ornaments for each of us... Mine is on the bottom right, in red and white. Darlene gave each of us Gingher scissors and made two scissor fobs for them--one had a mini-sharpie attached... Mine is the one with the pink sharpie--the beads are so gorgeous! Jennifer gave each of us the book from the Attic, 'Recipes for a Cure' which has cross stitch designs in it! I have plans! To stitch and cook! She also stitched each of us a pincushion in a bell jar lid, with each of our initials on it. Of course, mine is the 'M'... I use mine all the time. And I gave each of them a gift: Jennifer got a fuzzy scarf, in purple (you can't really see it in this picture, but it is a nice shade of bright purple). Sheryl got a plaque/picture called "Pray" and Darlene got a Gingerbread Butterfly ornament, her two favorite things! And I gave each of them a package of Strawberries & Cream Dip that I got from Country Creations in Friendsville, MD this past August. I think they liked everything. Well, I am going to finally go stitch. Having had to babysit in the middle of the day threw me off! But I plan to have needle to thread when the New Year comes in! Happy Stitching! Until next year, Hugs.

4 comments:

Carol said...

Happy New Year Maggee! 60 finishes is truly impressive--I don't think I even had 25 this year...

Your stitching group sounds like a wonderful bunch of friends--lovely gifts given and received!

Catherine said...

Happy New Year to you! You had a very productive year!!

Wonderful goodies given an dreceived - you are blessed to have such a group of friends!

Sharlotte said...

Wow Maggee! All kinds of goodness going around!

Hope you have an awesome 2011!!!

♥ Nia said...

Hi! I'm Nia, from Portugal, I'm a new follower :)
Happy new year!!

60 finishes?! wow! Congrats!! :)