Saturday, November 27, 2010

A few more finishes to show...

Happy After Thanksgiving! Got a few finishes done this past week! Without further ado, let's begin: This is a freebie from Rachie, done on a scrap of Pearl Grey 32-count linen, using CC Cupid thread. LHN's Winter Whites, started 3 years ago, on specially dyed 16-count Aida--Americana Blend by R & R, using DMC colors and substituting crystal-y beads in the border at the bottom (which you can barely see in the picture). This piece was languishing, so I decided to bring it to work and stitch on it during my breaks and occasional lunches. Amazing how much I get done! And the Joy ornament from the 2010 JCS Ornament issue, by Midnight Stitching (??? too lazy to run upstairs and dig it back out!) on 25-count white fabric. NOT my fave! Probably not doing that again anytime soon... **edited to note that this ornament is in the 2009 ornament issue! Well, that's all for now... Getting in the Christmas mood now. Decorations are going to change soon... Hugs.

9 comments:

Anna van Schurman said...

I was going to add your 2010 sheep to my 2010 JCS Ornaments page, but I can't find that sheep in the magazine. Maybe it's 2009?

Nancy said...

All three are such pretty finishes! I love anything stitched in red so the first is my favorite! I wish I could see the beads in the LHN piece - I bet they look like ice crystals. I like how you enhanced your initials in that piece. Happy weekend!

Catherine said...

Great stitches!

Sherry :o) said...

super finishes!

Deborah said...

Great finishes.

Carol said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

Jennifer said...

your finishes are lovely! I really love the red one best!!

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

Carol R said...

Lovely finishes Maggee!

Carol said...

Nice finishes!