Monday, September 20, 2010

Winning and Spending

Great title, eh? Well, I have been SO excited because I won a drawing! From BeckySC, no less! She was giving away a Pumpkin finish, and my name was drawn! Isn't it adorable? It is from the Prairie Schooler chart: A Prairie Year. I love pin pillows, and this is so pretty! Next is a little picture of a 'must-have' item--copper scissors!! I love the color of copper, and when I saw these beauties on Anita's website I knew they had to become MINE! Are they not gorgeous??!! And when I showed them to my hubby, he went away and came back with a couple of pairs of scissors, also for me. Don't ask me where he got them or even WHY... I am not looking a gift horse in the mouth. I had a pair of stork scissors but gave them to my friend when she was learning to stitch. Now I have another pair. And the red ones are a very comfy fit. Will find out about sharpness later... I am pondering the next Giveaway I will have, so stay tuned! How do you like my new 'look' for my blog? I finally got brave and switched the blogskin and NOTHING happened! I am jazzed, and be prepared... I like all those designs out there! Hugs.

10 comments:

Patty C. said...

Wonderful items - Congrats on your win :)

Deborah said...

Congrats on winning the pillow. It's gorgeous. I have a thing for scissors and I love those copper ones. I know I will be visiting Anita's site very soon.

Jennifer said...

Love your blog background! I also love those copper scissors......any scissors.....

Your pinkeep is sooooooooo pretty. The colors are beautiful!

Carol said...

What a sweet husband to just go out and buy more scissors for you Maggee! I love all three, but agree those copper ones are truly special.

Congratulations on your win from Becky--it is just darling!

Catherine said...

Congrats on your win!! You are a lucky girl!

Love those scissors - how sweet of your husband to have more on hand for you!!

Cute new background too!

Vinniey said...

Congratulations on your win. Beautiful pumpkin finished by Becky, lucky you! I love your new copper scissor too. :)

Carol R said...

Lovely pumpkin cushion from Becky.
Copper scissors - very nice!

Sharlotte said...

Just gotta love that pin keep! Love those scissors, goodness!

Carol said...

I do like your new blog skin. Congrats on the win. It's lovely!

Sherry said...

Congrats on your win. Your scissors are beautiful and I do like the copper ones lots...how nice of your hubby to give you the scissors too!