Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend Beach Combing Finds

I went out to Back Bay again, to enjoy the sun, wind, surf and wildlife. Saw lots of sandpipers, willets and pelicans. Surf was quite active, cooling to your feet. Went with my sister, and we walked over two hours! No highway signs to tell us how far we went... I am always looking down in case I come across a find, and voila! Found these two shells within yards of each other! I have NEVER found a conch shell and I wonder where they came from! Since it was right after Hurricane Earl passed us by, it could be anywhere! I really like them! How about you? Hugs.

7 comments:

Catherine said...

They are beautiful!! How big are they?

Faye said...

They are really nice~~~ We did not get any like that down at Cherry Grove Beach SC (NMyrtle Beach area)....They drifted on up your way~~~ Enjoy them, they are really nice~ Faye

valerie said...

Wow, they look beautiful! What a lucky find!

Meari said...

I like them, too. Awesome!

Diane said...

Gorgeous! My mom found a couple of nice conches at Myrtle Beach when we were kids. Over the course of four summers she found two, total. At least one was still inside though, which we learned when the first one started to smell - BAD. UGH! She took no chances with the second and boiled it right away. 35+ years later I can't remember if it was still "occupied", too.

Sherry said...

Those look like welks - you can find them around Sanibel Island (at least we did when I was a kid and went there a few times - many years ago)... They are really pretty and what a nice find! My grandpa used to shine them up and bring back color with a little baby oil on a cotton ball...they wipe with a really soft cloth...

Jessica said...

Nice ones, Mom! Very Cool!