Monday, August 2, 2010

Excuses and a 2nd Vacation Finish...

I am sorry not to be posting more... I have a good excuse!! I have been helping my sister move in with us! The economic times again... I thank God daily that I still have a job! It has been a LOT of work, switching around rooms, packing up my entire stash and moving it (!!!), and my hubby put in new flooring and painted... I am still re-arranging... I am tired!! Plus I had company 3X, celebrated our 20th anniversary... Not to mention my newest granddaughter Olivia and my daughter come to visit nearly every weekend! What a BUSY BUSY month July was!!!
I did manage to finish another Vacation WIP piece--it's for my boss on her birthday in November. I mostly worked on it during breaks at work. It is called California Wine Sampler, but it is out of print now... This is the second time I finished it, this time on linen. Used 32-count Liberty Gathering Gray by R&R, and picked the first 3 suitable colors I found in my stash!

Now that I look at it, I may move the 'I' over some... we shall see...
Soon I will have another stitching giveaway. But--by the way, I have a couple of quilting books that I bought years ago, but don't like... Would anyone participate in a giveaway for them, or should I just give them to a charity store?
Well, needless to say, I am pooped and going to bed!
Hugs.

8 comments:

Deborah said...

I love this design. I am sorry that it is out of print. I'll be looking on e-bay.

Nancy said...

Your California Wine Sampler is pretty, and I admire you for stitching a pattern more than once! I don't know if I could do that.

Best of luck to your sister. These are very hard times for so many people.

Carol said...

What a fun piece for your boss, Maggee--I'm sure she'll love it!

I hope all works out well with your sister moving in...

Happy belated 20th anniversary, too--I hope you have many more years of happiness together :)

Catherine said...

Love that wine piece! So cute and great colors!

You've certainly been busy. I hope that all works out with your sister moving in - she's lucky to have you.

And Happy Belated Anniversary!

staci said...

Lovely stitching! Hope that everything gets settled for everyone! Thank goodness for family!

Elaine said...

I'm sure your boss will be thrilled with such a lovely gift.
Hope you sister has settled in.
I'm sure there will be some quilters who would love to enter a give-away for your books.

Suzann said...

you've been busy!!
Really pretty stitching!!

Blu said...

Lovely stitching. The colour is wonderful. And the saying is pretty cute!
Hope all works out well for your family.