Saturday, June 5, 2010

Finally--THE vacation projects I started...

Some of you will just shake your heads when you hear that I started 15 projects when I went on vacation. Yes,it is a BIT unusual... I felt like doing something a little crazy, but somewhat logical. You see, once they are started I will feel inspired to FINISH them!! That's MY logic, anyhow... I worked on four BAP's also (Alla Turca, Growth Circles, Sachet and Welcome Sampler), which inspired me to go on to finish Alla Turca. It is just so lovely, if I say so myself! Wait till you see it framed... Plus I worked on a shop model I was doing, which I neglected to photograph--I have now finished it, and it is in for framing. And I finished one small piece called Sweet Bird, a freebie from The Sampler Girl, that I was doing-- I will show it later. So, without further ado, let me show you my starts:
Willie's Quaker 2, on 32-count Pearl Grey, using Sapphire by Dinky Dyes.
Spring Floral Sampler by Knotted Tree, on 32-count R&R Espresso, using colors as charted.
Kindness Sampler by Birds of a Feather, on 32-count R&R Cafe Kona, using DMC as charted (sorry for the bad picture... you can probably find it online)
Cast All Your Cares by My Big Toes, on 32-count R&R Ligonier Latte, using floss as charted
Bee Sampler by Little House Needleworks,on 32-count R&R Light Cappuccino, using floss as charted
Seasonal Blooms 1, by Brittercup Designs, using 32-count R&R French Vanilla for both, believe it or not in this picture, and floss as charted
At Home With Jane Austen, on 32-count R&R Antique Cotton, using floss as pretty much charted
Lauren's Voice by La-D-Da, using 32-count R&R Iced Cappuccino, floss as charted
Joy in the Journey by Diane Williams, before she started Little House Needleworks, using 36-count R&R Espresso, and floss as charted
Ladybug Lane, by Country Cottage Needleworks, using a scrap of light pink linen, that I hate, and floss as charted. HOWever, I will be re-starting this on better fabric!
Cabin in the Woods, by Bent Creek, using 32-count R&R Cafe Kona, and floss as charted
Simply Live by The Primitive Needle, using 32-count R&R Dyeing to Stitch Blend, and using TOTALLY Different DMC floss than charted!
Ladybugs and Bumblebees by Country Cottage Needleworks, using 32-count R&R Espresso, floss as charted
Jenny Bean's Christmas Sampler by Shakespeare's Peddler, using 32-count R&R French Vanilla, colors mostly as charted


I HAD one more to start, Curly Q Ewe by Little House Needleworks but I did not have ANY of the thread called for to start it either on the top or bottom!! Imagine!! (I do now!!)

Well, that's it for now. Phew! Hugs.

6 comments:

carol fun said...

These are all wondeful projects. I love your logic that starting a project will motivate you to finish -- who could argue with the fact that you have to start before you can finish?? So what are you going to work on first?

Charlene ♥ SC said...

Wow - now that's a mighty start! They're all great, so can't wait to watch progress on them!

Anna van Schurman said...

I am inspired by all these starts! I'm thinking August may be a month of starts!

Carol said...

Oh my! 15 starts! They are all so pretty, it is hard to pick a favorite :)

Carol said...

Hi neighbor =) I was going to ask where in VA you are but I saw Dyeing to Stitch is your LNS. Mine too but it's an hour drive for me unless I am visiting family in Portsmouth. Wow on your starts! Can't wait to see them as finishes.

Denise said...

Oh oh oh! What an inspired idea!

I LOVE your logic! I'm on vacation now. I am going to pick up floss today...hmmm, should I go check what I can start?

Yep, I'm off to the cabinet to see what I can get into. This is nuts!

Thanks for the idea - Denise