Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow! I cannot believe it is already the 5th! Going back to work really makes time fly by... I have a few more pictures I can show, from Christmas. First is a piece I did for my daughter and her hubby. It is by Lizzie Kate. I found the frame at Michaels. It was an easy stitch. Works for me! Next is the Bent Creek stocking I made for my son. I had it finished at my LNS (thanks Debbie T.!) and it looks terrific! This is Jolly Holiday by Lizzie Kate, my LAST finish of the year. I did it over, so I actually did it 1 and a half times! Pretty tedious stitching... I wasn't happy at all! But, it is cute. Used 32 count R&R ABCedarian Blend linen this time, with all WOOL threads! I was experimenting with the threads, thanks to Bindy! I intend to make it into a standup cube, maybe this weekend. Then, for the New Year, I have joined a Christmas SAL, where we stitch all year long on a piece that we really, really want for next Christmas. I am doing Blessings be Thine by Blackbird, and here is my progress so far: AND--my progress on my piece for our SAL with The Sampler Life group on Yahoo. We are stitching a piece of Marc Davis' (aka Needlemania)-- I am doing Sachet: I really really like how that is coming out... AND, lastly for now... My Wiehenberg Welcome SAL progress. I got a letter done!! Yay! Not that I am complaining, but I AM the only one in the SAL that is progressing... ahem, ladies... you know who you are... I think one of my stitching goals for this year is to work on my BAP's like the two above... I really like them, and would love to have them finished! Well, enough for tonight. Thanks for visiting. Hugs.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow Maggee! They all look great! Maybe we can get together for a BAP stitch day. Hope all is well with you....

Hugs!

staci said...

Fantastic stitching! Your son's stocking is wonderful :) And love that Jolly Holiday ornie...the colors are so vivid!

Angela said...

Happy New Year Maggee! All your finishes look fantastic and that stocking is awesome too :)