Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sad...

A friend from work had a baby girl, very prematurely. She was 2 pounds at birth, but she did well and was off all the tubes and stuff and gaining weight. Until the 24th, when she got very sick from an infection that started in her intestines and, eventually, took her to heaven. Even tho I never saw her in person, her mommy came back to work several times and shared pictures of her, plus her sister also works there and every day I got 'reports.' I am just so SAD about this. Thus little to no regular posts. I am trying to cheer myself up. They had her baptized before she left, so I should be happy that she went home... Just something I have to work out. Hugs.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Maggee.....I'm so sorry! I know how you were pulling for the little one. Just know that she is in a much better place.

Hugs to you!

Sharlotte said...

I guess my post didn't go through yesterday. I hate to hear such sadness like this don't you. I know you must have felt like you were getting to know the baby. Things can happen so fast. My dear sweet little great nephew had many problems when he was born. At the end of his hopital stay he was doing pretty good and my neice was told he would be coming home soon. Within a matter of hours he had spiked a fever of 104 degrees caused by a blood infection that they couldn't treat fast enough. The doctors all said that it would be a miracle that he would survive but even if he did he would have severe brin damage. Within hours from that he was gone. Our family has experienced the loss of a little one and it is so devastating, there's almost no words to describe it. Our little Logan was only home 3 weeks total of his seven month old life.Writing this brings tears to my eyes, we still miss him so.

Karen said...

So sad to here but she's is in a good place now. Hope you are feeling chipper soon.