Tuesday, December 29, 2009

One finish to show that is for ME!

I did the last of my commitment stitching, which should go out in the mail this week, and also finished a piece that I made for moi, that I just adore! It is Homespun Elegance, Snowman Sampler. I used a scrap of linen, 32-count I am sure, Waterlily's Teak silk,and mostly DMC and a white overdyed for the snowman. The finish is what drew me in... love it! I am a little late in doing my giveaway. Stuff happens, and I get distracted. Like having my husband around ALL the time... 'Nuf said... So, all that to say I am still working on it. Guess it will have to be re-named, but I will come up with something appropriate I am sure. Hugs.

9 comments:

Sharlotte said...

This is so cute! Homespun Elegance patterns are great aren't they? I have some that I want to stitch, but right now I seem to be focused on other projects of needlework and papercrafting.Maybe later this coming year.

Anonymous said...

What a precious ornament you have created, Maggee! Love how you finished it as well!

Robin in Virginia

Jennifer said...

Oh Maggee! I love it.....and it fits you to a tee! I hope all is well with you. See you soon!

Tracey said...

So cute! I love HE- especially their snowmen. In fact I am going to be starting their "Snow Tired" soon I hope!

Vonna said...

Oh, I love that snowman sampler too! I just finished Merry Stitches, which is a Santa ornie by Homespun Elegance, I'm going to have to track down some more of these yearly ornies...they are cute!

staci said...

Your snowman ornament is adorable! And I love how you finished it...perfect!!! Congrats on getting to keep it :)

Karen said...

Love the ornament finish! Wishing you many happy stitches in the new year.....

Karyn said...

A gorgeous finish, I love it :)

Angela said...

What a gorgeous finish, I LOVE this Snowman! Will have to dig him out of my stash :)