Sunday, October 4, 2009

Picture of one exchange piece

I sent out two exchange pieces, and can show one, as it has been received by Sheril, from Stitching Exchanging. It is Autumn, from the Automnology chart by Trilogy. I used DMC colors, on a random piece of R&R linen.

On Saturdays, I usually go stitch at my LNS, Dyeing to Stitch, for the day. Since this weekend is their Harvest of Friendship Retreat, we had visitors from out of town come in during a break. I enjoyed talking with a few of them. One girl from Iowa City (Hi Trisha!) was intrigued by the piece I was working on--I had just started The Ribbon Topiary by Knotted Tree Designs. And her buddy, Margaret (Hi Margaret!) needed to know where she could get some trim like in a piece in the newly released Blackbird 'Joyeus Noel' book, so I sent them to Hancock's since it was fairly close and easy to find from the shop. Tina from Shepherd's Bush, Charland and her daughter, Sydney, also dropped by. I mentioned that Thursday night, I met two designers. One was Alma from Blackbird Designs, and the other was Charland. Here is a picture I had taken with them, from left to right: Charland, her daughter Sydney, me and Alma. As you can see, I usually do NOT like my pictures that are taken... I am so lucky to have a graphics program!! hehehehe....

I must go now... I got Pride and Prejudice today from the library and hopefully will be able to watch some of it tonight, unless I fall asleep. I did a LOT today and am very very tired. Still am doing laundry...

Hugs.

3 comments:

Angela P said...

Love the Autumn exchange you stitched :) The backing fabric is lovely! How exciting to meet 2 designers!

Joy said...

Lucky you to meet designers!! I wish I had a LNS...darn!! LOL I adore your fall exchange and the fabby is absolutely perfect!!

Karen said...

What a pretty ornament! I love the fabric you used on the back. Lucky you meeting the designers!