Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What do we do with those unwanted charts?

I am in a purging mood. But what do we do with those charts we no longer want? Ideas, anyone???

I finished organizing my DMC threads! Yay!!


Side view of the organized DMC thread drawers... See those scroll rods on the bottom of the table behind the thread cabinet? Those are just the BIG ones... I have loads of smaller ones. Since I started using Q-Snaps, they have pretty much been idle... What do I do with those, also, when I no longer use them? I am sure someone wants them?!?

Picture of an organized drawer...

I picked up the lighthouse piece that I was doing for my husband this past weekend, and started to work on it. I started this piece in 1999, when I was not working in an office environment! But--it is on 14 count aida... I was pretty new to stitching then, and this piece was WAY too complicated/advanced for a newbie. I had made so many mistakes back then, which is why I keep avoiding it. Well, the heck with it! I decided to trash it! And boy, do I feel better! I cut the extra fabric off and gave it to a friend that just started stitching, and she was delighted! Done! And it is coming off the list on the blog! It would probably have gone over like a lead balloon at Christmas anyway...

Can you tell I am in some kind of mood?!?

Hugs.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You must have caught your mood from me! Great job on the organization. I'm still working on mine, but it should be easier now that the closet is almost empty. Maybe I'll be able to do "Home of the Needleworker" one day after all!

Old Yankee Stitcher said...

Love the organizing. Sometimes rearranging our stash is almost as much fun as stitching. CJ ok;-)

omashee aka Barb said...

You are my new hero! Please send your organizing bug to me when you're finished. I'm badly in need and am feeling stifled. So, what do I do? Buy more stash! Arg!
What I really wanted to know is where are you listing everything you're purging? Believe it or not, I'm still looking out for some older charts.
Hugs!